The mass of the car with batteries was about 70 poods, the power reserve when moving at a speed of up to 18 versts per hour – from 35 to 50 versts.
Soon a second model of the car appeared, similar to the first, but somewhat lighter. A little later, improved two- and four-seater electric vehicles were built, equipped with one 3.5 hp engine. and differential. The number of built electric crews “Frese” has not yet been established, probably no more than a dozen of them were released. However, an advertisement from 1900 read: “At present, continuing to build city carriages in the same form as it was before, the factory, perfectly equipped with machines and machine tools of the latest systems, is able to fulfill precisely orders for automobiles; it is one of the few Russian factories where electricity is used as a driving force. While building cars with gasoline engines, the factory also builds electric cars, examples of which can be seen on the streets of St. Petersburg. “
At the Frese factory, a battery charging station was set up, an attempt was made to organize the rental movement of electric vehicles not only in St. Petersburg, but also in Riga and Warsaw. Obviously, the entrepreneur’s initiative did not find proper support, the first hired Frese cars were cars with internal combustion engines. In January 1902, the Petersburg newspaper wrote: “Car crews have become such a fashion, have become so widespread that some of the firms selling cars have applied for permission from the city to open leasing yards for renting carriages […] So far only gasoline-powered carriages are in use, electric ones are rare. “